Spiritual disciplines of a Godly pastor:
1. Read, read, read, and read some more.
2. Pray, pray, pray, and pray some more, realizing that though prayer is to be constant, eventually steps of faith need to be taken.
3. Utilize biblical commentaries and other biblical study aids and/or software.
4. Surround yourself with Godly people who will keep you accountable and whom you don't have a problem with taking their advice/biblical criticism.
5. Know what the Bible says on the character of a pastor and practice those things.
6. Lead by example. The person you are in church does influence others, either negatively or positively. Choose for the glory of God.
7. Put energy into your ministry and all the ministries that you, alone, can handle. Dont depend on others to offer or be willing to serve in every ministry, but when they do, it will be a blessing.....and when that happens, then you can add other ministries or refocus on existing projects.
Practical disciplines of a Godly pastor:
1. Spend time getting your life and family organized to suit the ministry and ministries you're involved in.
2. If you’re not willing to say “no” to other people most of the time, you will never accomplish your priorities or be efficient in various ministries.
3. Develop healthy communication with those all around you.
4. Know your own limits and the limits of those in your church.
5. Never expect too much or ask too much of people.
6. Discipline yourself to take one day off a week to rest/replenish/refresh and connect with your family.
7. Take your vacation time every year to disconnect from ministry in order to have a blast with your family.
8. Lead by example. The person you are outside of church does influence others, either negatively or positively. Choose for the glory of God.