Thursday, September 6, 2012

A simple Distinction...


It is important to note that eternal salvation is never conditioned upon changing one's mind about his sinful PRACTICES.

It IS important to distinguish the repentance of sins and eternal salvation.  When I was saved at 5 years old, all I did was believe that Jesus died for my sins and that’s the only way I would go to heaven.  When I was 5, I didn’t even know what the word repent meant.  Actually within the last 5 years is when I understood what the word repent meant, but repenting isn’t HOW I got saved.  I believed that Christ died for my sins and I was saved and I know that is how any person gets saved.  In RESULT of becoming saved, I had a different perspective on everything....including sin.  I started to slowly, but surely, become disgusted with sin.  In my experience, the more that I have been drawn closer to God, the more HE transforms my mind. 

Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

John 3:16  For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Act 15:11  But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.
Act 16:31  And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

Rom 5:10  For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.
Rom 8:24  For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
Rom 10:9  That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Rom 10:10  For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Rom 10:13  For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Eph. 2:5  Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, by (grace ye are saved;)
Eph. 2:8  For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Eph. 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

2Timothy 1:9  Who(God) hath saved us, and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began.

I think that these verses say very clearly that salvation is based on faith.  There are, of course, a lot of other verses in the Bible that support that salvation is by grace through faith, not to mention that all throughout the gospels, Jesus uses parables and different analogies for how easy it is to simply BELIEVE on the finished work of Christ. 

No comments:

Post a Comment